Wednesday, August 6, 2014

~Peach Freezer Jam~

This is the week - August 3- 9!  Tom Vilsack, our U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary, has declared this week National Farmers Market Week!

If there is a Farmers Market near you, plan to stop in this week & purchase fresh fruits & vegetables that are available.  This Thursday when I stop in to our local Farmers Market, Peaches will definitely be one of my purchases.  They are locally grown.  They are sweet & juicy.  The local Peaches are a delicious snack & they also make very tasty Peach Freezer Jam!

Peach Freezer Jam is the last variety that I make every summer.  I have the Certo, Sugar, Lemon Juice & containers.  For over 30 years I've prepared Freezer Jams, but every time I always reread the directions located in the Certo package along with own my helpful hints.  Each batch is prepared separately. 

One of my helpful hints is:
To remove Peach skin- place the Peach in simmering water for about 35 seconds.  Remove, cool.  Skin peels with no waste.

Fresh Green Beans, Beets, Eggplants & Zucchini are also on my list when I stop in to our Farmers Market tomorrow!

Locally grown fresh fruits & vegetables are so good!  Next week stop in to a Farmers Market, again.  It's a great habit!

Enjoy!
Yummy!
 
      

4 comments:

Stacey said...

You got my attention with peaches! We've already bought so many this year. We mainly use them for ice cream and pies. They are peeled, sliced, and frozen for future use. :)

JG said...

Stacey- Yum! What a treat for later in the year! :)
~Judy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We have local peaches in the store here in NC and I bought some organic ones yesterday. They are delicious sliced on top of oatmeal...I know you like that, too! Hugs!

JG said...

Lavender Dreamer- Oatmeal? Yum! Now I'm just enjoying sliced peaches.
:)
~Judy