Wednesday, February 1, 2012

~Festive Guest Towels~

I had been glancing over at the decorative stitch panel on my Janome sewing machine whenever I walked into my sewing/computer room.  Plans were in the works.  It took little time to locate the two new, fluffy, hand towels that had been purchased from Kohl's.  They had been washed/dried and were ready to use. 

During the Christmas holiday season our guest towels were quite festive whenever we walked into our bathroom.  They have been cleaned and packed away.  Ahh!  Valentine's Day is approaching!  It was time to sit down and use my Janome!


The needed directions were recalled quickly.  The recessed areas near the towels' bottom edges are a different size than my "Christmas Guest Towels", but the area should be measured each time, anyway.  My scrap stash is always nearby, so I had fun!  This is a wonderful way to learn more about and to use the decorative stitches on my sewing machine!  Now, what is the next holiday???  Mmmm! 

It's the "little" things we do and learn to do that add zest to life.  :)

Enjoy!
               

6 comments:

Rita said...

They are so nice; sewing is not one of my talent. I really thought I could because my mom was such a good seamstress. I tried, but with 4 boys, the motivation just wasn't there, so I admire anyone who can master thi; good job.
Rita

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I could do more with my Bernina but I don't take the time to learn it all. I enjoy sewing though and love the pretty touches on your towels! ♥

Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook said...

I can't sew at all, but I admire your talent! Those towels are lovely!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your are too funny. This was such a good idea. My eyes prevent me from sewing these day, but years ago I would have loved to do something like this. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Allison said...

what a great way to dress up some towels!

JG said...

Rita- Thanks! Growing up my mom was my sewing teacher. She used her mom's treadle machine for button holes and a Brother for everything else. My interest started very early on and my Brother wore out. Now, it's a Janome!

~Lavender Dreamer- It always takes time to learn more. A project is the best way to learn.

Carol- Thanks! It comes in handy.

Mary- These days I limit my time sitting in front of my machine and leaning forward. I save it for fun things!

Allison- It's great to use an absorbent towel and add a little to it! :)

~Judy